February 23, 2014 by bridgitgillis
I found a recipe similar to this at http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/Delicious-Low-Fat-Quiche-Recipe-Crustless-Quiche-Recipe/4u/. I tweaked the recipe a bit to suite my tastes. It turned out great!
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
2 cups fresh spinach, torn
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
3 egg whites
1 cup shredded part-skim mozarella cheese
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 tsp salt
Dash of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375*
2. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
3. Heat a medium sized nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray and cook onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add spinach and sundried tomatoes and cook until spinach wilts.
4. In a large bowl, wisk together eggs, egg whites, cheese, milk, salt, and pepper. Add spinach mixture.
5. Pour egg mix into pie plate.
6. Bake 35-40 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top golden brown.
Feel free to substitute or add ingredients according to your own tastes!