July 31, 2015 by bridgitgillis
Believe it or not, it’s that time of year again! I’ve begun school clothes shopping and have received the classroom supply list for the coming school year. (Is it just me, or do these lists seem longer every year?) In addition to all of the obvious back to school shopping, now is a great time to stock up on items that will make the transition into school easier. Essential oils are a great way to boost your immune system, treat viral illnesses, calm anxiety, and increase attentiveness. I get all of my essential oils and supplies from Spark Naturals. They give you the option of purchasing a large, 15ml bottle or a smaller, 5ml bottle of their essential oils. Check out my top 5 must-haves for this school year:
1. Jeddy’s Blend: used for ADD, ADHD, and anxiety
This blend was created by a mom for her son, Jeddy. Many people have had success with this oil blend, and what a great alternative to medication! This Spark Naturals blend consists of: Lavender, Sweet Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Ylang, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Spruce, Rosewood, Blue Tansy, Frankincense, Vetiver, Patchouli & Fractionated Coconut Oil.
Usage tip: Put this oil in a roller bottle for easy application.
2. Shield Blend: used for immunity support. Also known as thieves oil, this blend of Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary has been used for centuries, dating back to the Great Plague in the 15th Century.
Usage tip 1: Combine a carrier oil with Shield in a 4ml glass spray bottle and use as a hand sanitizer.
Usage tip 2: Combine a carrier oil with Shield and Oregano in a 4oz glass spray bottle and apply to bottoms of feet when ill.
Usage tip 3: Diffuse into the air for a great aroma while purifying.
3. Bliss Calming Blend: use to calm and relax.
Usage tip 1: Diffuse before bedtime or during times of stress to help in relaxation.
Usage tip 2: Combine a carrier oil with Bliss Calming Blend in a roller bottle and apply to feet before bedtime or a potentially stressful situation.
4. Respire Blend: a blend of essential oils to help open the sinuses and bronchial tubes during times of sickness and congestion.
Usage tip 1: Diffuse into the air while sleeping.
Usage tip 1: Combine a carrier oil with Respire in a roller bottle and apply to bottoms of feet or chest.
5. Lavender Oil: lavender is good for a variety of things, making this one of the most common essential oils used. It can be applied undiluted to scrapes, cuts, and burns to both disinfect and soothe the skin. Lavender is a natural antihistamine, so it works well when applied to insect bites. It can also be used for it’s aromatic calming properties.
Usage tip 1: Apply undiluted to cuts, scrapes and burns, as well as insect bites. It works very well on burns, and the sooner you apply the oil the better it works.
Usage tip 2: Combine Witch Hazel and Lavender in a 4oz glass spry bottle, and use as an insect bite treatment.
Usage tip 3: Diffuse into the air for a calming aroma.