June 7, 2016 by bridgitgillis
I’ve had this plain, cheap canvas Bible cover sitting around for a while now just waiting for me to do something with it. We used them at a VBS a couple of years ago and let the kids draw on them with fabric markers. I finally decided to dig mine out of the closet and personalize it with an iron-on transfer. I am pleased with the result!
Canvas or cloth Bible cover
Iron-on transfer paper (mine was 8-1/2 by 11 inches and for light material)
Printer with colored ink
Your custom design or the one I’ve provided
If you’re creating your own design:
- Open up a blank Microsoft Publisher document the size of your transfer paper
- Create your design
- Flip your design vertically*
- Print your design onto the transfer paper
*If you have text in your design you will have to flip it vertically in order for it to transfer to your cover and be in the correct direction.
If you’re using my design:
- Print the design to your transfer paper
- You may want to save it and then insert it into a Microsoft Publisher document and size it to the desired height and width
I used the colored version of this design, and the colors did not transfer over exactly the same. Keep that in mind when you’re doing your project.
Once your design is printed, follow the directions on your iron-on transfer paper to apply it to your cover. I cut mine in two and rounded the corners, then applied it to each side.