July 22, 2016 by bridgitgillis
There are many uses to this often-forgotten oil. With it’s many benefits and reasonable price, Copaiba makes a great addition to any medicine cabinet.
- Pain Relief: Copaiba essential oil is a wonderful analgesic and has been used in this capacity for generations. Whether in an aromatherapeutic context or when topically applied, the oil can help to reduce pain and loosen muscles, eliminating pain in joints, and even easing the discomfort of headaches and migraines.
- Respiratory Health: When inhaled, the soothing nature of the copaiba essential oil, which is famed as an anti-inflammatory substance, can ease any discomfort and loosen the tensed muscles and glands that might be causing irritation.
- Skin Appearance: Not only does it protect the skin and physically change it, copaiba essential oil also heals the skin and infuses the body with powerful nutrients and organic compounds that can eliminate the appearance of blisters, marks, and pimples. In fact, copaiba essential oil is often topically applied to scars in order to speed their healing and reduce their visibility. Copaiba’s active components literally tighten the skin, which can help skin look younger, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and even strengthen the skin to prevent lesions or wounds as the body ages.
- Eliminate Infection: The strong antibacterial nature of copaiba essential oil can act as a major booster for your immune system. It can act as a shield for your skin, protecting any wounds from developing an infection, and also protects you internally, eliminating harmful bacteria and microorganisms that may be negatively affecting you from inside!
- Antifungal: If you suffer from athlete’s foot or any sort of nail fungus, applying some copaiba essential oil should significantly speed up the healing process and protect you from future infections.
- Lower Blood Pressure: The anti-inflammatory, soothing nature of copaiba essential oil can help to relieve the tension and strain in your blood vessels, allowing blood pressure to drop and the strain to disappear from your cardiovascular system.
Other Practical Uses:
- Allergies: add to your LLP allergy blend in a diffuser for an extra boost
- Immunity Booster: add to a roller bottle with Shield, Frankincense and Oregano
- Skin: add to carrier oil or blend for varicose veins, sagging skin, scars, or stretch marks; apply neat (undiluted) to acne in small amounts
- Pain Relief: add to your pain relief blend for an extra boost
- Wart/Mole Remover: apply with a Q-tip 1-2 times daily until gone
- Antifungal: apply to toenai fungus or athlete’s foot
Information gathered from the following websites: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/essential-oils/copaiba-essential-oil.html and https://sparknaturalsblog.com/2016/07/18/copaiba-is-here/.