July 24, 2017 by bridgitgillis
Something I like to do before the beginning of each school year is make up some homemade dishes and freeze them for busy nights. When I started Weight-Watchers, this became more difficult, as many of my previous recipes were higher in points than I’d like to consume. That’s why I was super excited to find that with a couple of tweaks, I could still have a chicken enchilada (or two!) and not blow the day’s point budget.
This recipe can be made up and baked right away, or frozen and baked when you’re ready to eat them. I like to portion them in ziploc bags of 2 or 3 and cook just what I need. The recipe contains all of the ingredients for one enchilada, which can be increased based on your needs.
- 4 ounces cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1, 8-inch extreme wellness brand tortilla
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, divided
- Mix shredded chicken, cheese, and 2 Tbsp enchilada sauce in a bowl
- Place down the center of a tortilla and wrap
- Place tortilla opening-side down in a baking dish
- (If freezing for later, place in ziploc bag)
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortilla
- Bake at 350-degrees for 15 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown
- (Or place in freezer for another day)
This recipe makes one enchilada and equals 5 SP. Enjoy!