March 13, 2018 by bridgitgillis
In the world of Weight Watchers, anything with sugar will cost precious points. Every once in a while I find a way to eat what I’m craving without draining my daily points. Foods like one-point tortillas, diet ice cream, and powdered peanut butter have been my saving grace on the Weight Watcher’s plan since I started almost a year ago.
The other day, I was desperately searching for a magical low-point dessert recipe that would make all my dreams come true for 5 points or less. Unfortunately, I didn’t find a recipe- but I did get a great idea in the process. I’ve adapted a recipe for muffins using boxed cake mix and Greek yogurt to produce these low-point gems that I’m sure will become a staple in your dessert arsenal.
This recipe makes 32 mini muffins at 1.5 Weight Watcher Special Points each, or 16 normal muffins at 3 Weight Watcher Special Points each. The best part? You only need 3 ingredients to make them!
1 Box of Sugar-free Cake Mix (48 points)
1 Container Low-fat Greek Yogurt (2 points)
1 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin pan.
- Mix all three ingredients until well mixed.
- Scoop mixture into muffin tin, leaving room at the top for muffins to rise. (They rise quite a bit)
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes for mini muffins, 22 for normal muffins. Check every two minutes after the first 15 minutes.
- When a toothpick is inserted in the middle of a muffin and it comes out clean, remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
*Mixture makes around 32 mini muffins or 16 normal muffins. I made a mixture of 24 mini muffins and 4 normal muffins.